Thursday, October 1, 2009

Odd Girl Speaks Out (About Mid-way through)

It seems no matter what age group, girls have the innate ability to make each other feel insecure and wrong. Like when you ask a friend if they're mad and they say they're not - they could be lying. Your not crazy to think that " you must have done something [wrong] to make her abandon you..."(49). Believe me, I've been there and felt that pain, that anger. Girls seem to have another language of body language and the silent treatment that is hard for adults/other friends to understand. (Whether the adults don't to remember their past pain over friends or recognize your pain is one thing but, it is there). This language can be so deadly, so painful and leads you to ask yourself, "[am I] willing to accept the way she's treating [me]?" (51). A friendship should be a two way street but as everyone knows it sometimes isn't. "... The friendship is... happening on her terms... she's nice to you when she wants to be. She controls the rules of the relationship" (51). No one should be allowed to act one way when your one on one and another when she's with her new friends. From recent events in my life, I can honestly say people who make you feel like your "back-up friend" are not worth the time or agony. I haven't been so excited to read a book in a while. I'm getting so much out of it.

Boys- you can read this book too- its not just for girls. Who knows, it may help you understand our "species" (girls) just a little bit better.

Until next time,
Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment