This entry isn't really about the book but how what I'm reading makes me feel. Girls start to pick you apart, leaving you for dead and they like it. You really have to find it within yourself to get over them. For me it took months until I realized I didn't need them to survive high school- that they couldn't control my life anymore. You have to realize that you don't have the problem-they do. You can't rely on someone to get you out/solve your problem. It has to come from within yourself. "When you go through something so tough you tend to realize things. I realized when my friends wouldn't help me through, what fake friendships I actually had. I realized the importance of family and how no matter what, they will always love you and [will] be there for you. One thing I didn't realize or deal with yet was letting go of these friendships I'd had for so long, even if they were fake"(92). You don't have to deal with them and their problems. I didn't and now I have the kind of friends that would do anything for me, and I for them.
Often in this book, I've made comments about how I went through the same thing or felt the same way. Yet, I say this all the time in exactly the same words. In my case, "I'm not friends with [many] girls. Most of my friends are guys. They don't stab you in the back. With guys there's no drama. It's less complicated". This is right-on-point for me. Most of my friends are guys except for one close girl friend. Like the quote says, "With guys there's no drama. It's less complicated"(103)! Although everyone has there problems, with my guys I always know where they stand and I love to death how they are protective over me, even if they won't admit it they love me and I love them back!!!
Until next time,
Devon
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment